About fifty people gathered to hear the proposals and presentations by senior executives addressing a number of today health issues:
- Michel VAN HOEGAERDEN, Director general Federal Ministry of health (Belgium)
- Patrick FORTUIT, Vice-President of the National Council of French pharmacists
- Bernadette VERGNAUD, Member of the European Parliament, Rapporteur of the revision of Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications
- Jürgen TIEDJE, Head of Unit European Commission (Directorate General Internal Market)
- Henri LEWALLE, Coordinator of the cross-border projects between France and Belgium (OFBS and LuxLorSan)
- Giovanni RIGHETTI, President of the Chamber of doctors and dentists, Latina Region (Italy)
- Marc LANGE, Secretary general of the association EHTEL
- Mariane CIMINO, Adviser of the association Phast
In the second part of the day, the authorities who wished attended the founding meeting of a European association which aims to provide a platform for communication and representation of the competent authorities of the five health professions covered by the Directive on qualifications (doctors, dentists, pharmacists, nurses and midwives).
The meeting aimed to validate the statutes and internal rules of the association. This work is the culmination of several meetings with the competent authorities of Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg and Romania. They have chosen the most appropriate legal form (an international non-profit association AISBL) and prepared the necessary documents. Some adjustments on the statutes were requested during the session.
The association's name was chosen: "EurHeCA."
The competent authorities wishing to become founding members came forward.